Friday, August 7, 2015

Welcome Baby Girl SASL DT Project

Hello Krafters!

It's my day over at She's A Sassy Lady blog!! I read somewhere August is known as the busiest month for birthdays/births. I do not know how true that is, but my mom was invited to a baby shower for a young lady who is due in August. She asked me to make an adorable card and I believe I did just that. 


Since the lady is having a girl and I decided on a pink and brown color scheme. I love those two colors together; almost as much as baby blue and brown. The card was made using a Silhouette file (bib card) and I used a stamp set for the bear and sentiment by Inkadinkado. I used Cocoa Momento ink to stamp the images. I used Copic markers to color the bear image. I added faux stitching to the card because it looked unfinished to me. The file came with a bow, but I decided to use ribbon instead. On the inside (not pictured) I added the same pink and brown polkadot ribbon as well faux stitching.


Mom couldn't show up to the baby shower with just a card right? I surprised mom by making a simple two tier diaper cake. It really is the perfect gift! I mean, you can never have too many diapers for a new born! Anywho, I used the same color scheme and ribbon to tie the card with the gift. On the base of the cake is a sturdy board covered in white tulle (to hide the base). I assembled the “cake” and had to “cute it up”. I used TTF to make the “Welcome Baby Girl”. I typed out the sentiment (brown) used the offset feature in the software to create a shadow (pink) and repeated that to create the white border. The cake topper is a Silhouette file (3D Buggy). It was very easy to put together. To keep the topper in place, I used pins. Between the layers, I added more white tulle as well as in the buggy. 



I used a large cello bag to package the cake and that was it! I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Remember to stop by She's a Sassy Lady to check out the talented DT! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sis, you did your thang!! This is fabulous!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete