Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Way To Go

Happy Wednesday Krafters!

I know several people who has recently graduated or will be in the next few days. My oldest daughter will have her completion ceremony next week from elementary school. It is hard to believe she will be going to middle school next school year! Her teacher graduated recently in hopes in becoming a principal. Although she is new to the school this year, we have a really good rapport. So I wanted to share the card I made for her with you!

I wanted to have a little fun with this card. I used Design Space to layout the card’s design. I deviated from my original template just a little bit to add “movement” or the allusion of the caps being thrown in the air. I’m glad I did!

The caps and the buildings in the background was cut with the Cricut. While those were cutting, I used Lawn Fawn’s Large and Small Stitched Rectangles (you might get tired of seeing them but hey they are my new favorite1) for the matting. I also used the Stitched Hills and the Blue Skies (Clouds) dies from Lawn fawn. 

In the middle of the caps for interest and to make the hat look a little more realistic, I used brads I had in my stash. They were different colors,  so I colored them with the black Copic marker. Once the card was assembled, I added Wink of Stella (clear) to the clouds for a subtle shimmer. I also used a stamp from my stash. 


For the inside, I stamped a sentiment and a graduation hat to tie in the inside to the front of the card. That’s it!

I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

Supplies:

Wink of Stella- Clear
Brads
Paper Trey Ink-White Cardstock
Recollections Cardstock- Black, Blue & Green
Bazzill Cardstock-Glitz Blue
Copic Marker-Black
Stamps-unknown companies
Momento Black Ink

Tools/Dies:
Lawn Fawn-Stitched Rectangles (large& Small), Blue Skies dies, and Stitched Hills
Cricut Explore
Cricut Design Space-Going Places & Locker Talk 

Fiskars Fuse

5 comments: