Monday, June 15, 2015

Reach for the Sky

Good morning Krafty people!

I’m here to share another 10 minute or less card. This one actually took me 14 minutes. That was because I kept changing my mind through the process. Anywho, this is a graduation card for a young lady at my church who is also transitioning from elementary school to middle school. While a lot of people don't see the significance in this, I believe this is a major step in a young person’s life and it should be celebrated. Everything they knew is no more. New adventures, experiences, discoveries, and maturity are ahead. That is HUGE!

I used the “reach for the sky” sentiment for a two fold reason. First to keep God in the midst of everything and when you reach for the sky, there is no limit to what can be done. She can do anything she puts her mind to. 

I wanted to keep this card quick and simple. I used two different Lawn Fawn stamp sets for the image. The images were colored in using Copics. Side note: I really need to buy more Copics! Being able to blend out colors is important. Moving on, I used a piece of scrap paper for the image matting. To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment and used Wink of Stella to go around the sentiment, bird and part of the balloon. What I did not realize is that I grabbed the wrong color of Wink of Stella, but it worked out in the end. 

On the inside of the card (not pictured), I stamped the little birdie and wrote my message. 

 I hope you enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

~~~Supplies~~~~

Paper Trey Ink (White)-card base
Bazzill (Blue)-mat
Neenah White Card Stock (White)-images
Copic Markers
Wink of Stella-Silver
TH Distress Ink-Faded Jeans

~~~Dies/Stamps~~~

Lawn Fawn- Blue Skies, Sunny Skies

MFT-Rounded Stitched Rectangle

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card and I love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words and support~

      Delete
  2. Cute card, I try to celebrate all milestones especially educational because. It takes a village and I am sure the young person appreciates you thinking of them!

    ReplyDelete