Friday, May 1, 2015

You've Taken Me To New Heights- SASL DT Project

Happy May Krafters!

It's my day over at She's A Sassy Lady!! Did you know Teacher’s Appreciation week is May 4th thru May 8th? With four little ones in school, you know I am busy! I haven’t decided if I am making cards and gifts for the immediate teachers or all of them…only time will tell!

Anywho, today I am sharing a non-traditional teacher appreciation card. I used some cuts from the Silhouette Store (hot air balloon, clouds & banner). I brought the images on the virtual mat and ungrouped them. I duplicated the ballon to stamp a weaving pattern on the Kraft card stock. I cut the balloon and clouds out. On a separate virtual mat, I typed out my sentiment and placed it on my banner to print and cut. I also changed the color of the banner. I did this by ungrouping the banner and changing the color for the fill and stroke. I changed the cut lines of the sentiment to no cut. I was ready for the pnc. 



Once everything was cut, I used a piece of blue Bazzil textured card stock for the “sky”. I was going to emboss it, but because it was textured, I decided not to. I assembled card and placed the oversized banner on the card. I love the way it turned out! I will put it in a 5x7 envelope so the banner is not crinkled.



I hope you enjoyed today’s project! If you have little ones or grand little ones, please don’t forget their teachers! The play a vital role in their lives. Please drop by She's A Sassy Lady's blog and see what's crafty!  Until next time….stay Krafty! Krafthead~

3 comments:

  1. Really cute card, like the colors; now I need to visit the Silhouette store some teacher appreciation ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and that banner is fab-u-lous!!!

    ReplyDelete