Saturday, February 8, 2014

3D Calendar

Hi Krafters!

Did you miss me? I can honestly say, I miss posting as frequently as I used to. Life has been super crazy lately. However, I managed to get in the lab a couple of days ago and would like to share my project. My sister mentioned to me she does not have anything on her desk. I thought long and decided to FINALLY play with the Lori Whitlock 3D Calendar I purchased from the Silhouette store almost a year ago.
 

Let me start off by saying, this file gave me a run for my money! I think I downloaded the file before the corrections were made. For me, the numbers were wrong. I had an extra three but needed another zero. I also do not like the way the 9/6 but that is my personal issue. Other than that, the file was easy to assemble.
 

The base was cut with Bazzill cardstock. I needed to use a sturdy cardstock to ensure the calendar will last since she will have to change the days daily. I used the Luxury Stack by DCWV for the pattern paper. Please note, the accent pieces were not part of the file. I used Recollections bling and I Am Roses to embellish it a little. I also used the Mod Podge Mold for the dove. I added half-back pearl to the bottom to give it a little height and to protect the bottom.

Although I had a few issues, I can see myself playing with this file again! Another bonus is it can last for many years since there is no year to deal with! What do you think?
 

I hope you enjoyed today's project. Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Iove it! You did a great job (not sure its something I could take on, pretty paper choice too! TFS, glad you could squeeze in some time to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Treva! Thank you for the love. I know you would rock this project...try it and share ;) ttyl~

      Delete
  2. Awesome Love it
    Welcome back I Look foward to more fun Ideas soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous project! I love how you put it together!!

    ReplyDelete