Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let's Do Drinks...Non-Alcoholic of Course Practical Scrappers DT Project

Hi Krafters,

Its vellum time again over at Practical Scrappers! The last time the ideas were awesome and let me tell you, they are even better! I have been stewing over this project since then! Go over there and check out the talent!

For my project, I am completely in summer mode! When it is hot outside, who doesn't like a frosty drink? This card will quench your thirst! I used the conical wrap feature to make the glass which was cut out of vellum. I stamped the saying from a stamp set by Inkadinkadoo (I think). The background paper (Summertime DCWV) put me in the mind of the pool. Perfect combination of summer right??

To make the drink a little more realistic, I used Firebrick Distress Ink for my drink. I fussy cut the strawberry from the Summertime paper collection. Finally, I added a straw (from a juice box LOL). Perfect!

Well that's it! I hope you enjoyed this vellum idea! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

9 comments:

  1. Can I Have a Sip : ) lol

    that is so Awesome Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Friend, thank you so much for the love...I think I am gonna have a sip too lol!

      Delete
  2. Love how realistic your drink looks, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drink idea!! I have to try this technique. And the background paper does look like a pool. I can see myself sitting on a tropical resort or beach somewhere with this delicious drink in my hand....."Um, waiter, we'll have another please?" Oh yeah, Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy that looks so cool and fruity and refreshing!!!!!!!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete