Friday, December 21, 2012

Napkins/Kitchen Towels


Hello Krafters!

Kenya here to share some last minute and inexpensive home décor or gift ideas with you. As many of you know, I LOVE vinyl! One reason is because it cuts so beautifully on the BossKut Gazelle. The other reason is you can customize SO many things with it.

Today, I am sharing two projects (dinner napkin and hand towels) using Heat Transfer Vinyl which can be purchased at BossKut.com. For both projects I used the Mini Holly Collection. There are so many files in this collection. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I decided to only use the holly.

I brought the file into FunTime and typed in the family’s name. When cutting HTV, make sure you mirror the images. I cut them out on the BossKut Gazelle using the vinyl blade with a speed of three and a force of 4 (because of the glitter vinyl). I did not do a kiss cut on this particular type of vinyl like I normally do. I used my heat press for the projects, but a good ole trusty iron will work too with a Teflon sheet. PLEASE make sure your images do not shift! One of mine did, BUT this is just for my home so it did not bother me much!

First I started with the holly and the lettering. I heated it for approximately 10 seconds. I peeled off the plastic and applied the berries and set it for another 10-15 seconds. Peel off the plastic. That is it! My kitchen is festive and I have some cool napkins too J

I hope you enjoyed today’s project. Please stop by BossKut.com for files, supplies and inspiration, Krafthead~

*Please note, if you are gifting Terry Cloth towels, please let the recipient know they are for decoration only! The vinyl can peel due to the type of cloth. The napkins are fine to use J

Files:

4 comments: