Monday, April 16, 2012

Dad's Birthday Card

Hey hey Krafters!

I would like to share with you a card I made for my dad’s birthday. I have shared many times over that I struggle with masculine projects. I have come to terms that I struggle because I think too much! Why can’t I add a flower to a manly page? Who says flowers are only for women? On this one, I just went for what I know which is to have fun!

The papers/ticket came for DCWV’s Tattered Time and Recollections Regent Street. One thing I love about DCWV/Recollections is that even if you used a different collection, most times they go together! I used a Sizzix Collage Embossing Folder on the mat. It made the paper look distressed and have a leather look to it! I love how that turned out! The gears were cut from the Indie Art cartridge and sprayed with Lindy’s Stamp Gang (it is really golden and shimmery). I believe I cut the arrow from Graphically Speaking.


I stamped the sentiment s from a couple of stamp sets from Inkadinkadoo. I stamped the clock image on acetate. The stamp is from the Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection. Prior to embossing, I stamped some random images on the paper (it was really to clean off my stamps, but it worked in the design LOL). The flower was made from the Create a Rose Shapeability. I added a button and hemp to the center. To complete the design, I added a clock charm.

















I hope you all enjoyed today’s project! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~

Other Products:

Gathered Twigs Distress Ink

1/8” Hole Punch-for the ticket

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous and completely masculine. Boys like flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Look,
    My fathers Favorite Flowers were the Calla Lily and the Darker Colored Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kenya, I love the masculine touch you put on this card. Great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card, its beautiful and I'm sure your father will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your masculine card. You did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete