Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 20-OCTC

Hello Krafters!

Welcome to day 20 of the Operation Countdown to Christmas! Today I am going to share a VERY inexpensive and fun gift for the sports lover in your life. It only cost me time to make this project!
I painted an old frame I had laying around the house. I painted it with a foam brush to give it a distressed look. I went online and found the Lakers’ team logo and cut that out with my Gazelle (I’m telling y’all MTC and the Gazelle are the bomb together!) as well as the NBA trophy. I embossed the trophy with gold tinsel embossing powder. I also cut the numbers of the team’s starting five from a true type font on my computer.  I printed the wood floor from a website online as well. To make it sportier, I used the Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge to cut the basketball floor lines (I have no idea what they are called). My DH collects basketball cards, so I took one of his duplicates and matted it with yellow cardstock. Finally, I used my Gazelle to engrave the last name of the recipient and the date.
I’m telling y’all, the Gazelle is the bomb! When it is teamed up with MTC, it is even better! I was even able to get the Gazelle to be cordial with the Cricut LOL. So I hope you all enjoyed today’s project. It was quick, but more importantly, FREE because I already had everything here J  Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~



Materials:
Computer
Bosskut Gazelle-regular cut blade and engraving tip
Make the Cut Software
Cricut Expression
Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge
White Paint
Making Memories Aluminum Sheets
White, Purple and Gold Cardstock-Bazzill
Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
Heat Gun
Basketball Trading Card

Disclaimer *logo is sole property of the NBA*  J Logo used for crafting purposes only!

2 comments:

  1. I need to take a trip out to your place and play all day!! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice and yes free is always good!

    ReplyDelete