Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 17-OCTC

Happy Saturday Krafters!
Welcome to day 17 on the count UP to Christmas Day! Our children are important to us. Aside from us, their teachers help mold them into men and women. We must not forget our teachers! For today’s project, I would like to share a quick, but functional project a teacher can use all year long.
I have wanted to use the new chalkboard paper by DCWV since it was introduced a couple of months ago! When I made this, I knew I had to incorporate it. So for this gift, I kept it simple. I used the Black Currant Stack by DCWV as well.
To make this, it is important to use a thick cardstock or chipboard. I used one 8.5”x11 black Bazzill cardstock for the base. I folded it in half and one side in half to make an easel. I added the pattern cardstock just to jazz it up a little bit. I printed the calendar using Publisher. I cut the frame using the Top Note and Classic Oval Nestability. I used an embossing folder to bring a little texture to the project. I also added on lone flower to it. Again, it is about function more than beauty.
For the base, I cut another Top Note shape and mounted the sticky notes to it. I also cut the “to do” side with the Nestabilities and added a place to store the chalk. It did not take long to put this all together.
Please remember our educators during this Christmas season! Thanks for stopping by, Krafthead~




Materials:
DCWV-Black Currant, Chalkboard
Bazzill-base
Paper Trey Ink-Vanilla
Mulberry Flower
Glimmer Mist-Gold-flower
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Chalk
Stamp-frame
Black Pearls
Hot Glue Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment